Civil engineering is the design of physical improvements to land. This can include the design of roads, bridges, dams, pipelines, levees, canals, railroads, sewer systems, storm drain systems, water systems, irrigation systems and buildings. Civil engineers also supervise the construction and maintenance of the works they design.
Civil Engineering Tasks
buy cheap tetracycline online The team members at Hawkins and Associates Engineering regularly perform these type of activities as part of the civil engineering services provided to our clients:
- Preparation of development sketches and project concepts.
- Coordination with government agencies.
- Preparation of preliminary construction plans.
- Preparation of final construction plans.
- Preparation of engineering design calculations.
- Preparation of permit applications.
- Management of construction.
- Management of infrastructure system maintenance.
Our civil engineering team members produce design sketches, design calculations, computer models, permit applications, site plans, preliminary construction plans and final construction plans.
Our engineers use the latest CAD and design software in their work, including AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Coordination With Others
As part of the civil engineering process, our team works closely with land planners, structural engineers, architects, geotechnical engineers, landscape architects, community groups, and government agencies.